Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ups and Downs


You know how we all have ups and downs, yet we always seem to think that we have more downs than ups? Don't be humble and say "nope, I'm pretty happy." Because I think we all DO have more downs than ups. The thing is that when we have an up it is one of the best ups we have ever had. We feel so elated to know that at that precise up moment we are on top of th world while the rest are at the bottom. We enjoy seeing other suffer as long as we aren't. Once we are all suffering it's a whole other story. Take for example our economic crisis here in the U.S. Now that most of the midddle and lower class population is suffering financially, we are all interested in eachother's well-being. We all want to be stable. See, now that everyone is at a down we all want to be up, no matter the way. Let's turn the saituation around a bit, or just change perspectives. If I was filthy rich and had no care in the world involving this economic crisis I would say that I was on top of the world. Who cares if other people are suffering. As long as I am doing fine then who cares what other people are going through. I wish I was like this. Then, I would be on top of the world all the time. The reality is though that I am not rich and I am not on top of the world. As a middle class citizen I do not have the essentials to have an up. The last time I had an up was months ago and ever since then its been going downhill everyday. However; when I do experience an up I make it last. I make my up feel like a high. In todays world it is best to make the best out of everything. I know it may be hard in some situations to make it the best, but what is the use in being a grumpy meanie all the time. I admit that it is hard for me to be optimitistic but at least I try. My last blog explains how I need space and time in order to get better but through it all I try to be happy. So far I have been able to smile at least once a day. A smile a day helps keep the depression away, or at least the emo thoughts. For every up I experience, I get five downs. Not great odds but at least I get one.

No comments: