Sunday, November 16, 2008

New Place


It's that one place that calms me, that makes me feel renewed, that awakens me, that shows me there is something to look forward to, that kisses me in the face, that hugs my heart and shows me how to live. It's in that place where I am able to feel like myself. I do not have the daily hassles of mandatory talk with so-called friends in my place.There are no crazy famous people that cause havoc in the streets, and there is definately no one to make you do anything you don't want to do. I can disconnect myself in order to reconnect. Many don't understand why this place is so special to me, but that's what makes it so special to me. I get to go back soon, after my absence of three months. It's a breath of fresh air for me. I know that so many people have this type of getaway yet many can get to it faster than others. That's the sad part, that sometimes we are not so fortunate to have our getaways so close to us. But then if it was any closer it wouldn't be so much of a getaway now would it? I just hope that when I get there that I am able to enjoy it to the fullest extent as I did the last time. My family makes me feel so much better when I am there and they animate me to keep going further. They are my motivation to keep going back to my roots in order to succeed. They make me see the beauty that others don't. It is my place no matter how many thousands live or visit there. I am able to connect with the people, the nature, and the food! No one can take that away from me. And the best part is that My Place is not just one place but several. That is the beauty and that is My Own Getaway. I go to get away from THIS reality and turn to a new one. I just hope again that this time that the current reality won't be too harsh on me when I get back, since it always is......

No comments: