Sunday, November 16, 2008

Life on Mars


So what the Hell is the matter with all these fires in California? I look out my window and I see a red glow all over. My living room has a scandalous orange color looming over the couches coming in from the windows. I walk out and my nostrils burn as I take in the smell of the burning hills. Despite the fires being miles away from where I live. I comment to my brother that it looks like the end of the world. Obviously it's not but it just lookis like it. The freeways are closed, and peoples home are being destroyed. Searchdogs are being used and the winds are not helping I see ashes on the car and feel a sense of uncertainty just because I have always been scared of fires. It looks like a different world altogether. I love nature, yet this crazy fury she shows through fires is absolutely mindblowing. It's an alternate reality these fires. It's like life on Mars.

No comments: