Thursday, April 16, 2009

New Sun


I know that is has been a while since I have updated my blog. But I've been transitioning from my old life into this new one. Ever since I moved to my new "home," I have realized more things in my life. I have learned that everyone will fail you at one point in time or another. It does not matter if you have a best friend or an acquaintance, they will fail you and the only person you can rely on is yourself. I know this now, however, this does not mean I can't screw up once in a while by letting people into my life. Naturally, I am a very nice person and when someone is a happy person I feel like I can relate to that person. Okay, I used the word person too much. Anyway, if I feel that I can relate to someone then, I will accept that person, knowing that I cannot trust them. Sadly I did not have this mentality during high school, and a couple of months ago, I suffered because of this. Thankfully I actually have SOME friends that have helped me to get out of that rut and continue living. The reason why I am writing this blog is to show that person that I have moved on, and that that person should move on as well. Another revelation that I have learned is that I will not dwell on the past. I will never forget the memories but because those were some of the best memories of my life; but now that I know the truth, I cannot have a relationship with someone that hurt me astoundingly. I am not sure I can forgive you, but if it ever came down to it, I would forgive but never be associated with you again. Never in my life have I been stabbed in the back so many times by one person with the same knife. I put my life aside so that yours could be that much better. I would put my needs second so that I could see you succeed in life. but now I realize that I never got a thank you in return, but rather a slap. And it was not a slap that you see coming, but a slap that you get when someone is lurking in the dark unbeknownst to you and WHAM!, it hits so hard that not only does it hurt, but it shocks you. This is what happened to me not once but several times.

I am sorry that we never had physical closure, but I do not think that that will ever be a possibility considering what you have done. You may ask yourself what you have done, but if you do, then you are honestly the dumbest human being on the face of this earth or you are floating down the river of denial. Sadly, I know that this will not be my last run in with failed friendships.

I am done with it all. This is the last post I will make of you. All those chapters that we went through are now closed, only to be opened by my longing for good memories, but never to revive them for the future. Our chapter is now closed. Thankfully.
My sun is rising again, and it's thanks to...me actually.

No comments: